i know i'm in my own world - it's okay, they know me here.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Go Barca!!!




Tonight was the Champions League Final between Barcelona and Arsenal.Now usually I would back the english team but after Arsenal stole 4th spot from Spurs in the Premiership and also because they are our arch rivals,I was totally going for Barcelona!Oh,you've no idea how much I wanted Barca to kick Arsenal's butt!It also helped that I have a Barcelona shirt from when I visited the Nou Camp when I was on holiday in Spain with my friends when I was about 19.

It was a scary first few minutes when Thierry Henry came close a couple of times for Arsenal but then their goalkeeper got sent off and I thought woo-hoo Barca will dominate now!They did but after a dive from an Arsenal player Sol Campbell headed them in front after a free-kick.It looked like Barca were never going to score but finally they did in the 76th minute and then again in the 80th minute! 2 goals in 4 minutes! yee-ha! they won!

I just still wish Spurs had held onto 4th place then we would have been in the Champions League next year.But I'm still happy that Arsenal lost!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home