i know i'm in my own world - it's okay, they know me here.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Brisbane - it rained!



Next I travelled a weird route and went back on myself to Brisbane,having flown there from Sydney.actually the night i arrived in Brisbane I ended up sleeping in the living room in a couple's flat that i had never met before in my life!she was the sister of a girl i worked with for the huge amount of time i was in the cheese factory!so that was a bit random but very nice of them!i then moved onto the hostel the following day and it was weird as there were hardly any people in it and i even spent a night in the dorm by myself!actually there didn't seem to be that many people about generally in Brisbane while i was there.i think the bad weather had a lot to do with it,my trip to Byron Bay was even cancelled because of it!i spent a lot of time cruising about the town and trying to find things to do that didn't cost any money.i even ended up going to a Kylie Minogue exhibition - i loved her when i was little!and wow,she's so little!had her tour costumes on plastic models and she's just tiny!

It was great as just as I was starting to feel a tad lonely i walked into the YHA shop and there sitting at one of the computer terminals was Gen and Kev,the couple from london i'd met on the easyrider bus!hurrah!so i got to spend a day with them and we did some touristy things like go up Mount K'ootha to see the view over the city,it was a bit cloudy but it was still a great view.Gen and Kev are in a photo above.

The city did unusually have a beach in it which I would've loved to have hung out at but it rained!apart from the day i took the pic of course,think that was my first day and thought - "ooh,i'll have plenty chances to come back here and sunbake" - nah!although it was so great that the day i set off up the sunshine coast to Noosa,it was a sunny day and I truly appreciated it!

I would like to see Brisbane again when the weather's better and I have more money with me to see more things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home