i know i'm in my own world - it's okay, they know me here.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Sad about Spurs.


I'm destroyed!Again comes the trauma of being a football (soccer) supporter. So,today was the last day of the season and it was a HUGE one for Spurs,basically for them to finish in 4th spot and qualify for the Champions League they had to win,or Arsenal had to lose,or they both had to draw...all of these possibilities occurred throughout the day as scores changed,leads changed and heartbeats became faster.There were early goals,equalizers,penalities saved,close chances...but alas,the final score was West Ham 2 Tottenham Hotspur 1 and Arsenal 4 Wigan 2 - so we missed out and I admit I cried and honestly thought I might throw up at one stage!We have qualified for the UEFA cup which at the start of the season we would have been more than happy with but to have been in 4th spot for so long and to have that opportunity to finish above our main rivals,Arsenal,would have just been glorious!

It didn't help that most of the team had got food poisoning and so were still pretty sick today during the match.There are actually police investigations going on regarding the food poisoning!I bet it was one of the Arsenal players,Sol Campbell maybe who deserted us for our rival team a few years ago!hmmm,suspicious I tell you!

The only other downfall would have been if we had managed to clinch 4th spot and then Arsenal went and won the Champions League final which is played in a couple of weeks,as then they would have taken our spot away from us anyway - oh the highs and lows and confusions of football!But today I am sad :-(

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaah...how cute are you with your little sad face?! I'm also gutted that Liverpool just missed out on 2nd spot. Reading your blog about sydney reminded of me of the times you used to phone me coz you were walking home in the dark or were lost...not sure what i was meant to do to help seeing as i was in Darwin, but stil it was nice that you knew you could call me, xx

07 May, 2006 19:32

 

Post a Comment

<< Home