i know i'm in my own world - it's okay, they know me here.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

And then there was Cairns...






So,from Darwin I flew to Cairns and I loved it!I'd stayed up the whole night in Darwin as my flight to Cairns was at 6am and I'd checked out of hostel so didn't have anywhere to sleep.However,the Easyrider crew arrived in Darwin that night so I got to reunite with them and have a bit of a dance at one of the local pubs!I wasn't able to check into my new place in Cairns until after midday so I remember crashing in a park in Cairns for a while,must've looked a bit dodgy!Anyway,that avo I cruised around Cairns and happened to notice a very interesting deal for a skydive and bungy jump!I took the leaflet with me and pondered it for a while because they are 2 things i've always wanted to do.At this stage I was totally on my own as I'd left the crew I'd been with and my dad was coming to see me in a couple of days so I thought I would just take the plunge and do it!the next morning i was jumping out of a plane at 14,000 ft and an hour an a half after that i was bungy jumping off a 150ft tower in the middle of the rainforest!it was an adrenaline filled day!the skydive was just amazing,we free-falled for a minute and the rush was incredible,seriously I was so in awe i didn't scream or anything!then the parachute came out and we slowly glided back down to earth,that took about 5 minutes and I got to steer for a little while!on one side of me was the rainforest,on the other was the great barrier reef - amazing!i was far more scared doing the bungy and for a wee moment wasn't sure if i could do it.however,after a brief counselling session from the 'bungy guy' i looked towards the horizon and jumped!oh it was amazing!

while in Cairns I also got to travel through the rainforest on a train and travel above it on a skyrail.then more amazing times came when dad and i went snorkelling in the middle of the great barrier reef and i finally found Nemo!!!

Cairns holds heaps of great memories for me and was definitely one of my favourite places.

The pics are of my dad on the boat going out to the middle of the great barrier reef,me with my attractive stinger suit on ( i might as well embarrass myself a bit more!), me bobbing about in the water over the reef,me after jumping off the tower for my bungy and me rigged up to do my skydive!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not letting the world enjoy the pic of uncle mal in his stinger suit?? hehe xoxox

01 May, 2006 13:44

 

Post a Comment

<< Home