i know i'm in my own world - it's okay, they know me here.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Day 2 disaster...

The next morning we all set out to make our way to the Vatican.We went to the underground station,got our tickets,went down the escalator and got onto the train...it was then that i realised i had been pick-pocketed!!!i'm always so paranoid about it happening having been in a few major european cities where i have been warned about it.generally i'm always careful with my stuff.the person must have been watching me as i know i had my wallet at the top of the escalator as i put my ticket back into it and then put it into my bag.now my bag was full with lots of other sorts of crap so they must have know exactly where to grab it from.i figure it must have happened when i first got onto the escalator as i walked down a few steps and then moved in infront of shayela,from that point my bag was between the side of the escalator and my body and shayela was right behind me.we got straight on the train and then i put my hand in my bag to make sure my wallet was there - but it wasn't!

From there we returned to the train station,no sign of it,we were then told where police station was and off we went. i didn't really react,i think i was in shock as ALL of my money was in it,my cards,my drivers licence and sentimental stuff from oz.i had meant to separate my cards and take some money out but i think being really sick the previous day took over and i honestly just forgot about it.

I then called my dad at home to get numbers to cancel my cards but then my credit ran out!it was scarier to think what would have happened if i'd been on my own,no money,no way of getting money and no way of contacting anyone,at least shayela and her family were with me!

So shayela and i embarked on a mission to find the police station which proved bit of a challenge as even policemen we talked to on the street weren't able to help us with directions!We eventually found it though and i filled out some forms and that was it.

Next stop,the Vatican...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home