i know i'm in my own world - it's okay, they know me here.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

come on agassi!!!




With the world cup and wimbledon on at the minute it kinda sucks to have to work!i'm so glad to see andre agassi back in the tournament this year.it will be his final appearance as he's due to retire after the US Open this year.I've adored andre since i was about 11 years old and he became one of my biggest heros.I used to get so tense when i watched him play on tv,so much so,that when i was younger and he was beaten in wimbledon,my granny used to phone up to make sure i wasn't too upset!i used to cry and everything - i was distraught when he lost!

i loved him through his long hair days and still do in his bald days.he's one of the great tennis players,having won all 4 grand slams slows his talent.i think he made tennis "cool" with his alternative and wacky dress sense and style all those years ago.it was in my list of dreams to see him play someday,but i guess unless i make it to Wimbledon very soon or the US Open this year,that will be a dream that won't come true.

here's hoping he shows his talent all the way to the end of wimbledon!he last won it in 1992 so maybe,just maybe, he can have one last showdown on the grass courts.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Heir said...

Yeah, Agassi was always my favorite player since I was a little kid, bit sad to see him retire...

06 July, 2006 23:40

 

Post a Comment

<< Home