i know i'm in my own world - it's okay, they know me here.

Friday, June 02, 2006

Geeks in the pink!








I think I should go away more often as last night I was honoured with another welcome home gift!My cousin lizzie introduced me to this american artist called Jason Mraz,she raved about him while I was away and being the darling that she is,she got me his cd and tickets to his gig!

We got there for the doors opening so we could get a good position,we even managed to get our 'Geek in the pink' t-shirts before heading into the gig!It was all standing and we ended up in the 2nd row!It was just a really good night,he was great,we had a sing along and he interacted with the audience really well.some guys in the audience bought him and his band members a pint each and i ended up with half of one spilling ever so close to my head as they were passed over the crowd to them!

The venue is great,it's not that big and you're so close to the stage that you gain a whole new appreciation of the music.i've previously seen people like Beth Orton,Jurassic 5 and Bright Eyes play there,all great gigs.I also believe that U2 performed there in their really early days.

Another great night out - thanks lizzie!!

Although we both have to admit that we were REALLY disappointed that he didn't play 'Geek in the pink" - i mean,why?!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im still on a high jayne....cant believe he smiled at me....hehe. thanx so much for comin, was such a class nite!!!we'll just have to see him again so we can hear geek in the pink!love ya lots xoxox

03 June, 2006 17:55

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

22 July, 2006 12:55

 

Post a Comment

<< Home